Banhammer Inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banhammer Inc.

BanHammer Inc., Games Designed WITH A GIANT MALLET!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bug Reports for Zelda Online.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Higoten

BYOND Key : Higoten

Bug Reports for Zelda Online. Empty
PostSubject: Bug Reports for Zelda Online.   Bug Reports for Zelda Online. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 9:56 pm

Bug Report #1

Pots and weeds become unpickupable.

Problem Summary: Pots have a tendency to become bugged during an entire world refresh. The bug renders them unable to be picked up.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) Find a patch of four pots.
2) Pick up each of the four pots and smash them.
3) Wait for a world refresh.
4) If the pots respawn before the world refresh happens. Pick up the four pots and smash them again. (You can tell if a world refresh happens becouse the four pots will all spawn at once, instead of one at a time.)
5) While you are doing this, it is likely the one of the pots will no longer spawn (Another bug)
6) Once the world refreshes and the pot that no longer spawned on its own, spawns. it will be unpickupable.
7) You will now be unable to collect any of the items that fall on the ground when you pick up the pots.

Expected Results:
That pots will always be able to be picked up.

Actual Results: That pots will become unpickupable due to the world refresh.

Other Notes: This also occurs when you pick up and smash weeds. The bug occurs in the same manner. The difference is that your sword will still destroy weeds (Although you won't be able to pick them up).
Back to top Go down
Higoten

PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports for Zelda Online.   Bug Reports for Zelda Online. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 10:38 pm

Bug Report #2

Using the dash key (D) players are able to skip over holes.

Problem Summary: When a player uses the dash key (D) To maneuver over more then 1 tile of hole, they can reach areas that they would normally have to use an item to reach.

1) Find a area with two or more spaces of holes in a row.
2) Use the dash key (D) to run across the row of holes.
3) Press the dash key (D) again to stop dashing.
4) Your player will now be positioned on hole, the last one you stepped on before stepping onto another hole.

Expected Results:
That players will stop and not move when stepping onto a hole regardless of weather or not they are using the dash key (D)

Actual Results: That when using the dash key over more than one spaces of hole, they can reach locations without using the necessary tools.

Screen Shots:

If you dash along the red line. you can see the bug in play.

Bug Reports for Zelda Online. ZeldaOnline2011-07-31210427

Bug Reports for Zelda Online. ZeldaOnline2011-07-31212720
Back to top Go down
Higoten

PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports for Zelda Online.   Bug Reports for Zelda Online. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:23 am

Bug Report #3

Client view changing while at save/load screen (enter).

Problem Summary: If a player uses the flute while at the save/ load screen (Enter), the players view gets shifted to the start house.

1) Equip the flute
2) Go to the save/load screen (enter)
3) Use item (S)
4) Click the green music note (song1)
5) Click Yes
6) Wait 5-10 seconds
7) Your view will now be at the start house. you will have no hud, and be unable to move. Press Enter to correct this.

Expected Results:
That players will not be able to have a shifted view

Actual Results: When using the flute, a player can have their view shifted to the start house.

Other Notes: Similar bugs like this occur when using the item selection menu (Q), and other menus of this nature. Most-likely also can occur during the slideshow, although untested.
Back to top Go down
Higoten

PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports for Zelda Online.   Bug Reports for Zelda Online. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:31 am

Bug Report #4

Delays.

Problem Summary: There are serval delays in the game that make the game seem very unresponsive.

Includes:
1) When you chop a weed, the stump appearing is delayed.
2) When you chop a stump or break a pot, the item appearing is delayed.
3) When you walk onto any sort of warp, the teleport is delayed.
4) In dungeons like the 5th one. when a player walks onto a teleporter, the transfer is delayed enough that the player touches the warp back to the room they just came from (Very noticeable if dashing).

Expected Results:
That delays don't make the game seem unresponsive.

Actual Results: Delays on many things make the game seem buggy and unresponsive, which makes it harder to play and enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Higoten

PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports for Zelda Online.   Bug Reports for Zelda Online. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:38 am

Bug Report #5

Incorrect warp at the end of a dungeon.

Problem Summary: When a player finishes the 4th dungeon and grabs the heart from the chest, they are warped to the entrance of the 3rd dungeon.

1) Go through the 4th dungeon.
2) Beat the boss in the 4th dungeon.
3) Grab the heart out of the chest (Or just open the chest).
4) You are now at the entrance of the 3rd dungeon.

Expected Results:
That the player will be warped to the entrence of the 4th dungeon.

Actual Results: The player is warped to the entrance of the 3rd dungeon.

Other Notes: I think this could be fixed by changing the x,y coordinates of where the player gets warped.
Back to top Go down
Higoten

PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports for Zelda Online.   Bug Reports for Zelda Online. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:43 am

Bug Report #6

Player icon flickers when using dash.

Problem Summary: When a player uses dash (D), their icon will flicker away for half a second then return back to normal.

1) Find an open area to dash in.
2) Press Dash (D)
3) Your icon will flicker for a moment, then return to normal.

Expected Results:
That the icon remains constant or another animation fills the blank state.

Actual Results: The icon flickers out then back in for a moment while being a dash.
Back to top Go down
Reisama
Admin
Reisama

BYOND Key : The_Zergling

PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports for Zelda Online.   Bug Reports for Zelda Online. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:03 am

Resolutions: The D4 warping to D3 "bug" was intentional. Its cause i dont have a set location yet for D4 to put you.

Notes: The dash bugs are already on my "fix this" list.

Other Notes: You have too much time to format all this like you did.
Back to top Go down
https://banhammerinc.forumotion.com
HarvestReaper

BYOND Key : HarvestReaper

PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports for Zelda Online.   Bug Reports for Zelda Online. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:25 pm

This would be the first time I have read all of your bug reports. I just have one thing to say. Unpickupable is not a word. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bug Reports for Zelda Online.   Bug Reports for Zelda Online. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bug Reports for Zelda Online.
Page 1 of 1